Some Quick Facts About HIPAA and FACTA*
What is it?
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act is a Federal law to prevent abuses of personal health information, including unauthorized access. It is administered by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and enforced by the U.S. Office of Civil Rights.
FACTA is the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act a new Federal law designed to reduce the risk of consumer fraud and identity theft created by improper disposal of consumer information.
Who Does It Apply To?
All institutions, organizations or individuals who retain or collect health related information. This includes large and small companies:
- Psychiatrists & Psychologists
- Billing & Collection Centers
FACTA applies to vertually every business in the United States. Any person who possesses consumer information for a business purpose must properly destroy discarded consumer information.
- Lenders & Brokers
- Government Agencies
- Automobile Dealers
- Retail Businesses
How Can We Help?
PAFACOM Record Destruction Services offers:
- Convenient Onsite Collection Containers
- Secure Shredding at Reasonable Rates
- Services from 10lbs to 1000’s of Boxes
- One Time Service or Scheduled Service
- Notorized Certificate With Every Order
* The information found here is for general discussion purposes only and should not be used to determine responsibility or requirements of compliance.